Policy Issue: Payment Policy
We must ensure hospice providers can offer the right care at the right time by securing a level of reimbursement for services that guarantees every American facing a serious or life-limiting illness access to the high-quality hospice and palliative care they deserve.
- Payment Policy One-Pager
- The Value of Hospice One-Pager
- Research from 2013 and 2007 on the cost-savings of hospice care
- October, 2023: Comments in response to Request for Information from the House Budget Committee titled “Solutions to Improve Outcomes and Reduce Federal Health Care Spending in the Budget.” Comments discussed the NORC Value of Hospice study.
- July, 2023: Hill Briefing for Congressional legislative staff, providing a closer look and expertise on the Value of Hospice study.
- November, 2022: Coalition Letter to Congress cautioning against using a cut to hospice funding in end-of-year package.
- July, 2022: Coalition Letter to to House and Senate leadership, urging Congress to call on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to make changes to the proposed payment rate increase for Fiscal Year 2023 to provide a more sufficient rate.
- April, 2022: Press Release from NHPCO and HAN asking Congress to protect the hospice benefit from financial hits, particularly sequestration.
- February, 2022: Coalition Letter to House and Senate leadership urging Congress to suspend the full 2% Medicare sequestration payment cut.