The MyHospice Ambassadors Program is a volunteer network of advocates who are committed to advancing hospice and palliative care policy priorities, educating and empowering other advocates, and mobilizing grassroots efforts within their communities. MyHospice Ambassadors fortify the value of the Medicare hospice benefit among policymakers in support of patient access to high-quality, comprehensive hospice and palliative care. Public policy is critical to the hospice and palliative care community, therefore our MyHospice Ambassadors play a crucial role in advancing our mission and values.
What makes the MyHospice Ambassador Program unique?
We recruit, educate, and empower advocates from across the broad hospice and palliative care community. From CEOs and state association leaders to individual professionals like physicians and nurses to volunteers, our program has representation from every form of hospice, big or small, nonprofit or for. Through our Ambassador Program, we are providing grasstops advocates with vital advocacy skills and up-to-date information to cultivate a united voice for our cause.
Tools and Benefits
• Monthly Meetings with HAN staff on policy updates and advocacy guidance
• Monthly Mentorship Meetings to build a community of grasstops advocacy
• Regular advocacy assignments to advance key policy priorities
• Access to exclusive HAN resources, expertise, and experiences to grow your advocacy expertise
• Discounts to the annual Hospice Action Hill Day
MyHospice Ambassadors are individuals who have the capacity and initiative to step up and lead on advocacy efforts with the guidance and support of the HAN team.
Only individuals employed by or volunteers at an NHPCO member organization are eligible to become an Ambassador.
Ambassador responsibilities include:
• Build and maintain relationships with your Members of Congress and their staff.
• Attend monthly update meetings with the HAN team and fellow ambassadors.
• Attend annual fly-in events.
• Host roundtable events or site visits with federal lawmakers at your hospice program or a neighboring hospice program.
• Encourage and enable fellow hospice and palliative care advocates to participate in HAN advocacy activities.
MyHospice Ambassador Application Period
HAN recruits MyHospice Ambassadors in the fall, depending upon the needs of the program. An application portal will be available on this page when the application period is open.
For more information, contact Stephanie Marburger, Manager of Grassroots Advocacy, at email@example.com.