Use this toolkit and our related resources to build a better relationship with your Members of Congress. Our Advocacy Toolkit:
- Provides an overview of the legislative process
- Outlines our legislative priorities
- Helps you discover who your legislators are.
- Offers resources that will help connect you with your legislators (including email templates and webinars).
- Enables advocates to write to their members of Congress on issues of importance to the hospice and palliative care community.
Advocacy Basics Training with HAN: Watch on YouTube – Date: 11/29/2023 | 46 mins
Understanding the Legislative Process:
Check out this video series from the Library of Congress to understand how Congress works
HAN Advocacy Tip Sheets:
Policy Priority Documents and One-Pagers:
- The 2023 HAN Policy Priorities
- The Hospice Benefit: NHPCO and HAN One-Pager
- Hospice Care: Payment Policy One-Pager
- Value of Hospice in Medicare: Groundbreaking Research One-Pager
- Program Integrity : Quality Care is a Core Value of Hospice One-Pager
- Community-Based Palliative Care Demonstration Model One-Pager
- Workforce Development One-Pager
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA) One-Pager
Sample Documents for DC and Local Meeting Requests:
- Request an In-District Meeting
- Thank You Form For In-District Meeting
- Request a Meeting in Washington D.C.
- Thank you for Meeting with us at Your Washington D.C. Office
Sample Documents for Invitations to Visit a Program:
- Inviting a Representative to Visit Program (MS Word)
- Follow up on Invitation Request (MS Word)
- Thank You for Accepting our Program Tour Invitation (MS Word)
- Template for creating program-specific fact sheet to share information with your Members of Congress (template developed by Fairview Homecare & Hospice, MN)