Hospice is healthcare that cares more and costs less. The Hospice Action Network (HAN) is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to Hospice care in America. We connect Advocates with one another and provide them with the tools they need to fight for the hospice cause at home, in Washington, and online
Throughout each two-year Congress, HAN staff works together with the leadership of NHPCO, including the Legislative Affairs Committee, to consider various pieces of legislation directly impacting the hospice and end-of-life care community. In many cases, NHPCO will take a position of support for legislation that will advance our cause.
116th Congress (2019-2020)
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA) (H.R.647/S.2080)
- Rural Access to Hospice Act (RAH) (S.1190/H.R.2594)
- Provider Training in Palliative Care Act (S.1921)
- Ask your Member of Congress to support this legislation.
115th Congress (2017-2018)
- Rural Access to Hospice Act (S. 980/H.R. 1828)
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA) (S. 693/H.R. 1676)
- Patient Choice & Quality Care Act (S. 1334/H.R. 2797) Overview
The current status of all supported legislation is tracked through our Legislative Action Center.