Hospice is healthcare that cares more and costs less. The Hospice Action Network (HAN) is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to Hospice care in America. We connect Advocates with one another and provide them with the tools they need to fight for the hospice cause at home, in Washington, and online
Throughout each two-year Congress, HAN staff works together with the leadership of NHPCO, including the Legislative Affairs Committee, to consider various pieces of legislation directly impacting the hospice and end-of-life care community. In many cases, NHPCO will take a position of support for legislation that will advance our cause.
117th Congress (2021-2022)
- CONNECT for Health Act of 2021
- Telehealth Modernization Act (S.368)
116th Congress (2019-2020)
- Rural Access to Hospice Act (RAH) (H.R.2594/S.1190) – PASSED and signed into law
- CONNECT for Health Act of 2019 (H.R.4932/S.2741)
- COVID-19 Hospice Respite Care Relief Act of 2020 (S. 4423)
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act(PCHETA) (H.R.647/S.2080)
- Provider Training in Palliative Care Act (S.1921)
115th Congress (2017-2018)
- Rural Access to Hospice Act (S. 980/H.R. 1828)
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA) (S. 693/H.R. 1676)
- Patient Choice & Quality Care Act (S. 1334/H.R. 2797)
The current status of all supported legislation is tracked through our Legislative Action Center.