Use this toolkit and our related resources to build a better relationship with your Members of Congress. Our Advocacy Toolkit:
- Provides an overview of the legislative process
- Outlines our legislative priorities
- Helps you discover who your legislators are.
- Offers resources that will help connect you with your legislators (including email templates and webinars).
- Enables advocates to write to their members of Congress on issues of importance to the hospice and palliative care community.
To assist you in your advocacy, here are several other resources:
Understanding the Legislative Process: Check out this video series from the Library of Congress to understand how Congress works
Recordings from 2019 Summer Webinar Series:
Sample Documents for DC and Local Meeting Requests:
Sample Documents for Invitations to Visit a Program:
- Inviting a Representative to Visit Program (MS Word)
- Follow up on Invitation Request (MS Word)
- Thank You for Accepting our Program Tour Invitation (MS Word)
- Template for creating program-specific fact sheet to share information with your Members of Congress (template developed by Fairview Homecare & Hospice, MN)
Hospice Advocacy Tip Sheets: