IMPORTANT CANCELLATION UPDATE: Advocacy day has been cancelled due to concerns related to the Corona Virus (COVID-19)
The Hospice Action Network will now host a “Virtual Advocacy Week” with training sessions available remotely on Monday, March 23 and our Legislative Action Center open for business the entire week of March 23-27 with scripts for phone calls, email messages, letters to the editor, and social media posts. Learn More about Virtual Advocacy Week.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: All attendees who registered for the Advocacy Day and Main conference can be reimbursed or apply to receive a credit for an upcoming conference such as the 2020 Interdisciplinary Conference or the 2021 Leadership and Advocacy Conference. Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
HOTEL & AIRLINE RESERVATIONS – NHPCO suggests that you cancel your hotel reservations immediately. Additionally, for those with flight reservations, we suggest that you contact your airline and request a refund. If they are unwilling to grant a full refund, they may be willing to reschedule you for a future airline flight.
NHPCO COVID-19 EXECUTIVE DIALOGUE – NHPCO is offering a complimentary webinar on March 25 to address the current public health crisis. The webinar will include emergency preparedness information, a review of the latest CDC recommendations and a conversation with your colleagues in the field with moderate to severe caseloads. Those registered for the LAC20 will receive more information on this COVID-19 Executive Dialogue with specific times and access information. NHPCO will also reach out to members who are not registered for LAC20 to share information about this important offering.
HAN Advocacy Prep Webinars
- Friday, February 31 at 3:00 EST: Webinar 1: Policy Overview (Slides Available Here)
- Thursday, March 5 at 3:00 EST: Webinar 2 RECORDING: How to Be a Successful Advocate (we had some trouble with the beginning of the recording, my apologies!)
Webinar 1: Policy Overview Recording
HAN Policy One Pagers
- Congressional Requests Cheat Sheet
- Palliative Care and Hospice Education and Training Act (PCHETA) (S.2080)
- Rural Access to Hospice Act (H.R. 2594/ S.1190)
- Program Integrity Initiative
Learn more about Congress:
- Video Series on the Legislative Process
- Congress 101
- What to Expect when Meeting with Members of Congress
Additionally, our friends at the Congressional Management Foundation will be hosting FREE webinars throughout 2020 that we HIGHLY ENCOURAGE our advocates to attend:
CMF will host the following webinars.
- March 19 – Building Relationships with Congressional Staff
- May 5 – How to Create a Local Event That Will Attract a Member of Congress
- June 30 – How to Hug a Porcupine: Relationship Building with Lawmakers and Why It’s Important
- October 8 – Creating Effective Stories to Share with Lawmakers: How to Create Stories to Move the Hearts, Minds, and VOTES of Lawmakers
- December 15 – Freshmen Spotlight: How to Build Relationships with New Members of Congress